fan error ibm t42 Hastings On Hudson New York

Computer Services By Robert Schiller offers high-end computer maintenance and repair at very reasonable prices. With over 25 years of experience, Mr. Schiller provides a very knowledgeable and friendly service for all his customers. Having a formal education in both hardware and software, Mr. Schiller can handle all your computer needs. We provide services including computer repair, networking, virus removal, custom systems, web page design, and more for commercial and personal applications. Work on PC & Mac. Call us today for more information.

Address 82 Canterbury Rd, White Plains, NY 10607
Phone (914) 821-5490
Website Link http://www.robertschiller.com
Hours

fan error ibm t42 Hastings On Hudson, New York

Turn on the computer and you will get the same error.. If the laptop fails anyway and still starts intermittently when you apply pressure on the motherboard, apparently it's bad motherboard. Im guessing that the fan not spinning at all is the problem??? maureen November 1, 2008 | Thank you!!!

Short answer: Yes! I started the PC using the compressed air method mentioned above (thanks!), then went out and bought a laptop cooling pad so hopefully it won't overheat and shutdown. shahbh May 22, 2010 | Worked for me … scratched my head a bit but then stumbled on this page … used hair dryer for ~5min to heat the part glued I would guess that this is not a long term solution.

I replaced the fan today just as described here, and now the screen won't turn on at all! According to the IBM hardware maintenance guide (HMM) for ThinkPad T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p this error message indicates a problem with the fan, you can find symptom-to-FRU index on I opened it up and blew air in the fan to clean it (man was it dusty!). Any advice?

Alternatively, you can hold ESC and go Lenovo rescue and recovery, and then select “boot from another device” You were able to bypass the PROBLEM or the ERROR MESSAGE? Yes No Voted Undo Score 2 Cancel Comments: This I'm gonna do. Thanks Joe February 16, 2009 | Unlikely as this may sound, I got the same thing a couple of days ago on my T42. Did you notice if your new cooling module had thermal pad for another chip?

Bad fuse on MB. Remember meLog InCancelBy signing up or using the Techwalla services you agree to the Techwalla Terms of Use and Privacy PolicySign UpLog InCreate an account and join the conversation! So I put everything back. IBM & Lenovo | 172 Let's say you have an IBM ThinkPad laptop and when you turn it on all you get is a black screen with "Fan error" message.

We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated. I don't know, never tried it myself. In the meantime,however, does anyone know from prior experience? I also blew some air in a few other places and blew with my mouth to clear out some dust.

Yes No Voted Undo Score 19 Cancel Comments: If that dosent work,force to make the machine shutdown with the button and turn it back on.(repeat it acuple of times).Enter B.I.O.S. I was concerned the hairdryer would damage other parts, but all seems to be fine. Apparently thermal grease dried out and glued the heat sink. Ty February 18, 2010 | Leo, I have the exact same problem.

Wird verarbeitet... Here's another way. It's possible that one of the slots is failing and because of that the laptop is failing. Thanks!

We'll let you know when a new response is added. I looked at it and noticed the output is 4.5a while the adapter for the laptop is 3.5a. Help out by correcting or making some markup annotations. IML Tech November 19, 2009 | Rob, I have a t41p.

Many a times it gets its screen shut apparently and then the CPU stops working in next 15 seconds. Another successful fan replacement from info on this page. But long will also go for both. I'll try that technique tomorrow.

applied defaults.Tjhis shuld clear the error log.In most cases its tempora,but it will be a cuple of days till you have to do it again.Hope it helps May 5 by Bander I'm not sure what you are asking about. I am seeing many “long heatsinks” on ebay that aren’t the same FRU #. Maybe you can find help in there.

Wird geladen... If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Cancel Amit kumar @champ239 Rep: 1 Posted: August 7 Options Permalink History i had that same problem just a couple of hours ago, but i got rid of this, but my Your fan model can also be found therein - or via System service parts - ThinkPad T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p.

and the DXU is a 15" model! But the instant I plug in AC power, the fan revs up dramatically, then the whole computer shuts down. When I removed the fan assembly I saw that it was full of gunk. I bought the fan through the Lenovo number on the manual and it was actually cheaper than best buy (I called both).

Thats the best. Du kannst diese Einstellung unten ändern. You must take this problem very seriously. Missed a Step Oops!

Ty June 17 by april garner Wow that actually works... I have th fan error on my T42. It all happens so quickly, though.