fan error thinkpad t42 Hepler Kansas

I have been doing this for 15+ years. There is honestly very little repair wise I can't do.

Address 309 W Walnut St, Girard, KS 66743
Phone (620) 724-6300
Website Link
Hours

fan error thinkpad t42 Hepler, Kansas

Mark. Wird verarbeitet... Someone with an X61 has to be willing to remove the keyboard and take a look inside. If I am on battery power, no problems.

They couldn’t get it loose. Remove the battery from the laptop.Step 3Tilt the ThinkPad so you can see its left edge clearly. New ones are around 75$, no tax or shipping and I can get a used one WITH THERMAL PASTE, shipped for less than $50. Sprache: Deutsch Herkunft der Inhalte: Deutschland Eingeschränkter Modus: Aus Verlauf Hilfe Wird geladen...

Top Profile Reply with quote Johan Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:57 am Offline Moderator1 Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:00 pm Posts: 1942 Location: Copenhagen, Denmark erika b July 10, 2008 | I just finished replacing the fan (under warranty) for my 1-month old refurbished T42p. In fact, many IBM parts have multiple part number and can be substitute. Seemed to me, but oddly, the old fan I pulled out had the pink pad still attached.

Wrobinson Dec 17, 2007 2:21 PM GMT The fans in these little workhorses expire quickly when in constant operation. Andreea January 21, 2009 | Hi! At the same time, I decided to plug my AC adapters into a powerstrip/surge protector rather than directly into the wall. A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Wird verarbeitet... Possible memory failure. What I found out later is that the heat sink for this fan assembly (46P3099) has thermal tape applied and apparently does not require thermal grease. or will I just unknowingly cause irreparable damage to the video card?

The computer shuts down by itself put back in the battery and turn on the computer. prasannan May 7, 2009 | Dear sir. The fan is a mechanical part and will not last forever. Is this likely a cracked motherboard, loose solder joint or would a bad fan cause this?

Learn more You're viewing YouTube in German. Has anyone seen this? Finding out about that last screw to loosen the right side of the rear bezel took some doing (found under "Replacing the LCD") but I did it. Couple updates, FRU 13R2657 is now known as 41W5204.

You can safely use the 4.5A adapter. Although it took much longer (around 1 minute, as opposed to 10 seconds), eventually the fan did start speeding up and right when it kicked into top speed, the laptop shutdown. But logically, it doesn't make sense to have it on there, does it? We'll let you know when a new response is added.

I noticed the 41W5204 arrived with a pink peel off pad over the part of the fan which sites on top of the graphics chip. Using a wrong heat sink assembly will cause motherboard damage. Fan spins (at low speeds) fine. Im guessing that the fan not spinning at all is the problem???

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. specially for those like me who freaks out imidiately. Send it back and order the correct one. When I reassembled I started to get "fan error".

Can anybody give me some pointers? But the instant I plug in AC power, the fan revs up dramatically, then the whole computer shuts down. So I put everything back. I shut it off, closed the lid, held the fan outlet to my mouth and blew as hard as i could.

Whatever applications he had running continued to run and when I found it the next day it gave me the Fan Error upon start up. IML Tech July 10, 2010 | Terje'S I have just replaced my old fan with a new one, and have the same problem problem “fan error” may it be something else, maureen November 1, 2008 | After replacing the fan (I have rec'd the dreaded black screen with fan error), will I have lost any data once the fan is replaced? In the meantime,however, does anyone know from prior experience?

Schließen Ja, ich möchte sie behalten Rückgängig machen Schließen Dieses Video ist nicht verfügbar. LET OTHERS KNOW Tweet If you accept cookies from this site, you will only be shown this dialog once!You can press escape or click on the X to close this box. Leo January 5, 2010 | I replaced the fan in my T42, and it seems to be working (the fan), but now the computer shuts off after 10 seconds when I I ordered it yesterday (IIRC) and though I only paid for 2-3 day shipping, it arrived today by DHL.

Is this normal for a dead fan (the bootup sequence stopping in mid stream)?? Was this answer helpful? I have an X61 that just got this problem. Du kannst diese Einstellung unten ändern.

I did not know about the ESC trick but went ahead and purchased a new assembly (www.impactcomputers.com), which I was able to install on my own using the instructions from the Yes No Voted Undo Score 0 Cancel Comments: thank you god bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Benefits: Lower power consumption, hence less fan "on" time and longer battery time! I'd like to back up just one more thing from it anyway if I can before the new laptop arrives.

July 31 by Ivan Polakovic ran dust removal and blew into it while that was running- helped get the temps down momentarily but did not cause fan to run on it's IML Tech January 3, 2010 | SME, Its kind of hard for me to describe, but my laptop seems to be different than the maintenance manual and the picture above. you will need to disassemble, reapply thermal paste, and reassemble the laptop. ====== My problem is that I replaced my T42 fan, and now 3 months later the brand-new fan is I figured that the laptop ran until it overheated and the fan went out.

All personal data is stored on the hard drive no on the fan. Top Profile Reply with quote suppalap Post subject: Re: T42 Fan Error ... Preview my answer Post my answer View Statistics: Past 24 Hours: 146 Past 7 Days: 1,391 Past 30 Days: 6,068 All Time: 72,655 22,252 Free Manuals 86,941 Solutions 6,444 Devices iFixit