funds deposited error Tama Iowa

Address 608 S Church St, Toledo, IA 52342
Phone (641) 484-4692
Website Link

funds deposited error Tama, Iowa

Would the scammers loose the money? I told them I never overpaid anything and they argued with me. Still nothing. The sooner the bank can start looking into it the better.

I would let that money sit in high interest savings and get it out of my site for at least a year. At first I thought what!! Once you get the copy of the deposit slip you might be able to tell if the account number was just keyed wrong, and at the very least it should have Yes No Not interested Did your interaction save you the trouble of contacting customer support?

Other people might move the fund elsewhere. They said it was my responsibility to notice the money and that if I had kept the money it was fraud and I could be prosecuted. It might be tempting if the bank accidentally deposits an extra $10,000 in your account. Furthermore they could try to argue that they have 90 days based on (c)(3)(ii)(A), since it was an out-of-state deposit.

If you're paying monthly bank fees for your account, ask them to wave them. OK OK maybe that is a little to greedy. It took another WEEK before the bank put the second 20k back in her account and she had a positive balance, and another MONTH before they refunded all the overdraft fees. Now this is the day of the deposit and I have not recieved any mail from the VA so I am spending it, (paying 15k worth of bills tonight).

Reply Mszapalac says: March 12, 2009 at 11:54 pm Sorry for all the horrible spelling errors, I wrote it in a rush. So if they refuse to return it, it can become a police matter, which may encourage them to return it. We didn't have to contact the bank they contacted us and took the money it didn't matter if we had it in there or not. Fast forward one year, they took the money back without warning and filed criminal charges against the accout holder who had reported the error in the first place!

If you do spend it you are just going to have to give it back - possibly with penalties or jail time if you can't return the money in a timely Then tell you sorry for the mistake and goodbye. Reply Richard says: February 18, 2008 at 7:58 pm I figure you should take the money, close the account and then run. Hope I answered some questions.

How do I turn this into 20,000?If $1,000,000 were put into your bank account and you had 1 hour to do as you please with it before the non-spent disappears, how This is a purely hypothetical situation, by the way. Since my car payments were being made, I didn't have any reason to check my account. One word: Chexsystems.

My non-lawyer, non-ethicist opinion is this: It was correct to contact them about it, both in terms of ethics and to avoid any future legal hassles. I think you've done your due diligence, the bank will rectify the problem sooner or later and they probably would have discovered the mistake and rectified it in due time anyway Treat it like a balance transfer basically. It would be like suing a homeless man for money.

File a Complaint Consumer News Additional Information Customer Assistance Group Phone: (800) 613-6743 TDD Number: (713) 658-0340 TTY: (800) 877-8339 (via a relay service) Accessibility|Web Privacy Policy|Web Site Policies|Contact Us|Office It should be easy to get back to the bank once they realize the error. My landlord made me pay my rent in cash for the rest of my stay in his apartment building. A chunk of change I must say.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Chase banks won't count change Chase to offer ATM withdrawal by smartphone Chase raises fees on savings i just moved into an apartment in paris after spending some time in amsterdam. I would leave it in place. I didn't have time to keep calling and writing for something that I didn't cause.

Now that you have apprised the bank of the mistake, you cannot feign ignorance about not knowing the money was not yours. then Friday (yesterday) ANOTHER cash deposit for the exact same amount. I haven't used the account at all in over 2 years. Eventually I believed them (I was in college, had terrible records, etc.) and started using the money. 90 days later, and without warning, they reversed the transaction.

I live in Arizona and have never been to Georgia. I have to agree.12.3k Views · View UpvotesView More AnswersRelated QuestionsWhat's the smartest way for me to deposit $30,000 cash into a banking account?If I deposit $1,000,000 into my ANZ bank When I explained that her Balance Sheet would reflect this and she would be asked where this money is...she got it! Hard to prosecute someone without "intent".

The bank has made an error. Dodge Bounced Check Fees If the mistake is an under deposit (you end up with less money than you thought), you should ask the bank to cover any fees that may You may need to make several phone calls and it helps to be able to clearly state who you spoke with and what was said. So therefore she deposited 30k into her savings account.

Related Questions Letting Go & Getting Over It May 26, 2015 Tiny changes in sentences that create huge changes... To learn more about bank errors, visit the always excellent They will let you know about their mistake hopefully, but most times will just transfer the money out of your account and into the correct account. Yes.

I called the bank to ask them about it and said they would put in search and see if there is a match in the system for anyone with missing funds.