fun error thinkpad t42 Sumatra Florida

PC Solutions provides itSupport Services to Tallahassee and the surrounding area. We are a total computer setup, service, and repair solution. Our prices are far below the industry average and our technician are fully trained and certified. On top of that, we provide a diagnosis and waive the cost of it from your invoice and only charge for the work that fixes your problem. We are confident that you have found the best bang for your buck! Call PC Solutions today!!! Visit us online -- http://www.intelligent-itsupport.com/

Address Tallahassee, FL 32309
Phone (850) 270-8019
Website Link
Hours

fun error thinkpad t42 Sumatra, Florida

Check if is changed and then restart again. Does it work at all? The fan has been replaced and we still get the same error message. George January 10, 2010 | Hi, I have a t42 15″ with the long fan.

Try search this forum for 41W5204, and you will see that it is recommended by several users as the (long) low-noise fan for T42/p's.Cool! i have 2 of t410 same issues !!. I wanted to double check with you before I dropped the $90 for this mini fan. I blew it out anyway, then spun the fan with my fingers and the action seemed smooth and normal.

I have one question: I opened her up and noticed 2 fans. Just last week, I started to get a "Fan Error" right after boot. My t42 went out so I bought on ebay a "t42" heatsink and fan assembly. JaeH June 25, 2009 | I just replaced fan and heat sink ( I bought used on ebay)on my T42.

It works fine for me, the site is working. Remove the battery from the laptop.Step 3Tilt the ThinkPad so you can see its left edge clearly. Try search this forum for 41W5204, and you will see that it is recommended by several users as the (long) low-noise fan for T42/p's. I can't buy a fan on eBay until I get an answer and I can't wait any longer.

Welcome to the forum! Yes No Voted Undo Score 4 Cancel Comments: It worked!! These vents are used for CPU fan exhaust.Step 4Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol.Step 5Swab away any external dust or dirt from the fan vents. Thanks Bander for the tip in your comment.

If this doesnt work either, replace the fan. 0 Kudos Reply jkosha Blue Screen Again Posts: 5 Registered: ‎06-14-2010 Location: india Message 4 of 6 (13,818 Views) Re: fan error at SME December 30, 2009 | I had this problem a while back and took it to a shop where they were going to replace the FRU. Ok fair enough. You can safely use the 4.5A adapter.

Kv 331 Rondo Alla Turca" by Mozart Music Box Listen ad-free with YouTube Red Show more Show less Loading... Dante November 18, 2009 | hitting escape does the trick, thus dont think its the fan, must be something more software wise. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged Top Profile Reply with quote Cyberstudio Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:19 am Offline Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:48 pm Posts: 39 Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican

I would recommend replacing it with the same FRU. Following Share this item with your network: Login|Contact Us Computer For Online Computer Support, Ask a Computer Technician Not a Computer Question? Martin Campbell - February 10 Reply Add Comment 1024 Embed this guide Choose a size and copy the code below to embed this guide as a small widget on your site Asked: December 14, 20077:08 PM Last updated: February 15, 20104:34 AM Related Questions Downgrading from Vista to XP AS/400 system went down HP EVA p6300 problems CRAC Fan Control IBM Thinkpad

Was this answer helpful? Check and make sure everything is seated correctly as this is a common fault. Replaced both the fan AND the motherboard, and I’m STILL GETTING THE ERROR!!!!!! Sign in to add this video to a playlist.

History Contributors Ordered by most recent B00M3R1,190 pts. Then after 10 minutes (after shut) I am able to start it again. The symptom-to-FRU index in this section lists symptoms and errors and their possible causes. But long will also go for both.

If the fan is still not working, your computer will be unable to boot, displaying yet another "fan error" message. Mike REBECCA August 4, 2010 | Replacing THIRD Fan on ThinkPad T41 with your helpful article -- Rebecca drew pompa August 12, 2010 | Greetings IML Tech, I also received a Did you apply new thermal grease before installing the heat sink? I think Notebookreview (Lenovo/IBM discussion) site will be a good place for that.

I refrained from yanking at it b/c I know the copper structure would have bent. Looking for suggestions. If it does a strange noise, it's the bearings. Is this normal for a dead fan (the bootup sequence stopping in mid stream)??

When you replace the fan, you need to add thermal paste so there is good conductivity between the fan and the CPU. I recently replaced the Li-ion battery, and otherwise this thing has been a tank. Using more powerful adapter shouldn't be a problem. HollywoodAMcom 1,382,333 views 10:02 Lenovo ThinkPad T61 notebook "fan error" - Duration: 2:45.

Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue Remove allDisconnect Loading...